FinLab Solutions SA is a software solution company solely focused on the development, evolution, support and distribution of PackHedge™, the world’s most advanced application for data management, research and analysis, asset allocation modelling, portfolio management, report publishing and workflow management.
Founded in 1999, FinLab is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland with regional offices in the United States and Singapore.
FinLab Solutions SA serves a large global client base. With clients in more than 25 countries, FinLab is proud that PackHedge™ is actively used by many of the world’s largest financial institutions as well as being selected as the solution of choice for small to large firms.
Our typical clients include; asset managers across the spectrum from, family offices, managed accounts, fund of funds, banks, pension funds, insurance funds, endowments, investment advisors/consultants, private equity, real estate, mutual and hedge fund managers, etc…
Please Contact us for specific Client References or check our clients reviews on Capeterra.
April 15, 2020
- Periodic Aggregators on Portfolio/Proforma tabs (Balance Sheet, P&L, etc.): e.g. display from left to right Yearly columns, then Quarterly columns and then Monthly columns.
- Redesigned and enhanced Investments View window.
- New Lot Date: major enhancement to the management of settlements for both subscriptions and
redemptions. Also used for Liquidity Ladder and Cost Basis analyses.
- Cross Portfolio Transaction Transfers are possible.
- Edit Transactions after a Lock Date: can now unlock and edit a locked transaction. E.g. Edit repayments.
- Enhanced Transactions tab: customizable list of columns, users can save their default configuration.
- Save and Schedule Portfolio Multi-Valuation configurations.
- Additional Liquidity Terms have been added.
- Groups in the Object Browser: new group or sub-group can be created to organize the Object Browser.
- A couple of new Stress Test Scenarios have been added including Covid-19
- Various other enhancements.
October 31, 2019
- Segmentation/Breakdown Aggregations by Category/Segment and/or Custom Aggregators, by Multiple Layers of segments on all Portfolio/Proforma tabs e.g. by Industry Sector, then by Geography then by Currency and then by Asset.
- All Portfolio/Proforma Tabs have Portfolio Aggregators, Data Density Colorization, Sliders and Heat Maps (Balance Sheet, P&L, Standalone Perf., Portfolio Summary, etc.).
- Settlement dates have been added for subscriptions, contributions and distributions transactions for both components and shareholders.
- Enhanced Transactions tab e.g. Duplicate, Filtering features.
- Enhanced Liquidity Ladder Analysis to use the Original Subscription Date for Transfer transactions.
- Enhanced Import PAC file with “Compare Time Series” button in the Merge/Quick-Compare window and new Sorting Options in the Browser.
- The Preqin Hedge Fund data source has been added to the list of Hedge Fund data sources available with PackHedge™.
- Support for Microsoft Azure SQL Database-as-a-Service.
January 24, 2018
- New Consolidated Portfolio object
- New Net Cash Flow Screen
- New Cash Flow Metric Screen
- New Portfolio Summary features with more fields including custom columns and custom aggregation criteria.
- Improved Shareholder Register
- Enhanced Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss
- Enhanced Transactions with associated Documents
- IRR (XIRR) metric for individual components and aggregation by any criteria (currency, style, etc…) is now available in the Portfolio Summary and S&R (Screen & Report)
- Enhanced Cash Flow Analysis, with exchange rate modelling
- New Integrated Mail Robot
- New Favorite for a user to mark his favorite objects
- New Image field for Person and Company object
- New Sticky Note on all objects
May 1, 2017
- New Capital Accounting based investment vehicles
- Major enhancements for Private Equity funds and Real Estate funds shadow accounting
- New Cash Flow Analysis, Projections, What-if
- Contributions (Capital Call), Distributions, Inside/Outside Commitments Transactions in addition to Subscriptions/Redemptions
- Remaining Commitment Projection & Aggregation within Portfolios.
- Lorenz Curve
- Private Equity Performance Market Equivalent: Long Nickels PME, PME Plus, Modified PME, Kaplan Schoar PME, Direct Alpha PME
- Private Equity Ratios TVPI, RVPI, DPI PIC
- New data provider Edgefolio
- Additional Web-Services API methods
- New scripted dynamic time series type e.g. Libor + x%
- Jaspersoft® Studio Report Editing Software Support
- PackHedge™ is now available in 64 Bits
- PackHedge™ now supports the PostgreSQL database
- PackHedge™ on the “cloud” with Microsoft Azure
December 13, 2015
- New Portfolio Management platform.
- New Attribution Analysis tool.
- New Principle Component Analysis(PCA) tool.
- New Cluster Analysis tool.
- New PAC Tool.
- New Web Service API.
- New feeders.
- Enhanced Contribution Analysis.
- Enhanced Proxy Configurations Management.
December 4, 2014
- New Workflow Management System module.
- New Risk Contribution analysis.
- New Integrated Analysis functionality.
- New View Only mode.
- New Hover-Over Slider for charts.
- New Fama French Statistics.
- New Monte Carlo Simulation and Analysis.
- Enhanced Return Contribution Analysis.
- Enhanced Breakdown/Segment Analysis.
- Enhanced Standalone Performance.
- Enhanced Custom Instruments.
- Enhanced Fund of Fund – Managed Account shadow accounting.
March 29, 2014
- New Performance Analysis tool.
- New Basic Portfolio Optimizer.
- New Multi-Asset Viewer.
- New Custom Instruments.
- New Proportional Accounting.
- New Navigation Tabs.
- New Data Sources.
- Enhanced Custom Time Series.
- Enhanced Scheduler.
- Enhanced Screen & Report (S&R) tool.
- Enhanced Favourites Support.
- Enhanced Data Feed Update.
- Enhanced Statistics.
- Enhanced Groups.
- Enhanced Recycle Bin.
August 17, 2013
- New Custom Fields and Custom Time Series.
- New automatic fee calculation.
- New server administration tool.
- Enhanced Style Analysis.
- Enhanced Screen & Report(S&R).
- Enhanced Document Management System(DMS).
- Enhanced Text Formatting in Notes.
March 11, 2013
- New Peer Group Analysis tool.
- New Outlook Contact Synchronization.
- New Time Series Editor.
- Enhanced Portfolio Optimization tool.
- Enhanced Fund of Fund Shadow Accounting module.
- Enhanced Screen & Report(S&R).
June 29, 2012
- New Screen & Report (S&R) tool to replace the older Query Builder and Custom Report (QB/CR) tool.
- New Stress Testing analysis tool.
- New Sensitivity analysis.
- New Scenario analysis tool.
- Enhanced Document Management System(DMS).
Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News.
Reel in the top performing hedge funds.
Your one stop shop for the world’s leading hedge fund
databases, indices, hedge fund research, news and events.
The largest provider of hedge fund news, analysis, data and events in the world.
HFR provides comprehensive hedge fund data, performance reports and indices to help investors make wise investment choices.
Preqin provides data for the following asset classes: private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debt, natural resources and secondaries…
Albourne provides data for Hedge Funds and Private Markets.
Premier provider of alternative investment performance data, analytical tools, and consulting services to institutional and high net worth investors.
LAB and HF Indices.
Liquid Alternative Beta and Hedge Fund Indices.
At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates …
Designed for professionals, Quandl delivers financial, economic and alternative data to over 150,000 people worldwide.
Quandl offers essential financial and economic data alongside a suite of unique, alpha-generating alternative datasets. With our unrivaled consumption experience, we have cemented a reputation for understanding and delivering what professional quantitative analysts need and want.